Council in Jerusalem
team:Paul anf Luke.
THE COUNCIL IN JERUSALEM
- QUESTION OF CIRCUMCISION
This cathedral was convened on a very important topic - the attitude of the Gentiles to the Jews and the basis on which a person receives salvation.
- 2 questions:
- Should the Gentiles obey the law of Moses in order to be saved?
- Are the Gentiles and Jews equal religiously?
How have these two difficulties been overcome on the path to a unified Church.
How were the pagans religiously associated with the Jews without the obligation to fulfill the entire law of Moses and how could they become socially equal and be called brothers? This was impossible without the direct intervention of the grace of God.
- Conclusion in 4 phrases about the great truth of the union of Jews and Gentiles in a single body.
- Previously, this truth was SECRET (Eph 3:5-6). The Old Testament taught salvation for the Gentiles, but not about forming a common body with the Jews.
- This became REVELATION (10:11-18, 3:4-35; 15:7-9)
- This was a PROBLEM (15)
- And finally, it became REALITY (Gal 3:28)
The Epistle to the Galatians 49
©2005-2019, Web studio Ph4 - Internet Catalog for user, web-master and designer