1 Missionary trip of Paul
way: 2.500 km
team:Barnabas, Saul and John Mark.
The site of the first missionary journey is the island of Cyprus and Galatia, after which Paul will write his first message - a message to the Galatians.
The reason for choosing a place:
- Cyprus is the birthplace of Barnabas (4:36), first the leader was Barnabas.
- Then the order changes in place of Barnabas and Saul - Paul and Barnabas. Therefore, the mission goes to the homeland of Paul.
In this journey, Paul revealed himself as an evangelist.
- The Church of Antioch sends Saul and Barnabas 13:1-3
Seleucia is the seaport of Antioch 13:4
- Cyprus is the birthplace of Barnabas (4:36) 13:4-12
Salamin - preached in the synagogue 13:2-5
Paf - the appeal of the proconsul through the blindfold of the false prophet 13:5-6
Saul becomes Paul 13:9
Paul becomes the leader of the group 13:13
- Pergiya in Pamphylia - John leaves the team 13:13
- Pisidisk Antioch - Paul preaches in the synagogue 13:16-41
Go to the Gentiles 13:45-46
Expelled by the Jews, shaking out the ashes according to the commandment 13:51; Mt 10:14
- Iconium (145 km from Antioch) - synagogue 13:51-14:1
We spent a long time working miracles and signs 14:3
The people were divided "for" and "against" 14:4
Persecuted go to another city according to the commandment 14:6; Mt 10:23
- Lystra - healing of the lame
Taken for Zeus and Hermes, an attempt to bring them a sacrifice 10:25-26
Paul is stoned 14:8-19
- Dervia is the final destination of the journey
Preach the gospel, many disciples joined 14:6-20
- The way back - ordain presbyters and warn of persecution 14:21-25
- Pergiya - preaching 14:21-25
Attalia - the seaport of Pergia 14:25
- Return to Antioch, report 14:26-28
Paul's response to the 1 st journey as the heaviest 2Tim 3:11
©2005-2019, Web studio Ph4 - Internet Catalog for user, web-master and designer