SYSTEMS OF MEASURESSixty-Tier System Acted in biblical times. Previously, the year consisted of 12 months of 30 days, which is 360 days. So the circle was divided into 360 °.
Today we use this system:
- for calculating time - 24 hours, 60 minutes, 60 seconds;
- Angle measurement - 360 °;
- 12 TV channels;
- dishes for 12 people;
- number of pencils in the box (6, 12, 18, 24);
- Photographic film (36, 24, 12 frames);
- number of cylinders at the machine;
- a dozen eggs (only we have tens of them, which is not practical), etc.
Decimal system In the year 500, a decimal system is invented in India. Probably, they counted on the fingers and hence the number ten. Perhaps the word five is from span (unit). In addition, invented zero.
Today, along with these systems, binary and octal systems are used in programming.