Today 23 Shvat 5730 AD Tuesday, (24 May 2022)
The term in Judaism, meaning the permissibility or suitability of anything from the point of view of Halacha. For example, kosher food is biblically pure. Kosher items for the temple, which are made according to the Scriptures and can be used to serve in the temple.
– (heb. טַלִּית
- cloak), Jewish ritual clothing: a large quadrangular scarf made of woolen cloth with brushes (tsitsit) in the corners.
- talith Gadol - a large talith that is worn during prayer (it resembles a wide scarf or towel)
- talith katan - a small talith, which some particularly pious believers wear under clothing (it has a cutout for the head in the middle).
A distinctive feature of the big talite is the blue or black stripes on the edges; Their number and thickness are different, but always have a symbolic meaning.
- A Jew receives a talith on the day of majority.
- During prayer, he throws it on his shoulders, which symbolizes the divine protection given to the worshiper. When the kogen pronounces a priestly blessing, he covers his head with a talisman.
- When carrying Torah scrolls to a new place, they are sometimes wrapped in talith.
- In some communities, the bride and groom are tied with a talisman at the wedding.
Talith covers the face first and foremost
Talith, covers the face first of all
The image of Talith was used to create the flag of the State of Israel.
It is very symbolic, the flag of Israel is a prayer veil.
This is how Talit katan is worn, instead of a T-shirt, you can see the brushes of a