Free HostingHosting is the server where you host your site.
Free hosting with bannersI placed my first website for free hosting Agava. There was everything: CGI, PHP, MySQL ... But at the top of every page was a big awful banner, often obscene content. The banner was loaded as much as and my page.
Free hosting without bannersIn short, it got me and I went to Hotmail.ru. They did not have anything (no CGI, no PHP, no MySQL ... nothing, just a place for the site), but a free, short address http://www.f4.nm.ru. Only if in 50 days the site will not be updated or I will not receive a single letter (they have a site in the appendage to the free mail), then the site will be deleted. My site periodically loaded terribly with errors. By the way, this is one of the unreliable postal services.
In general, from here I also left.
No hosting and this is not hosting.
ConsFree hosting can also restrict you: prohibit the placement of archives, music ... Some only allow themselves to access sites that they like, etc. If you are doing an office on the Internet for a respectable serious firm, then the banners will look somehow ridiculous. Like stickers on the Mercedes. Unless, of course, the nature of your activities is not related to advertising.
What is the benefit to hosters?
- Banners - earnings from advertising.
- Attracting customers to paid hosting, that is, I tried the cut-down version, tested, do not you want a complete one?
- Promotion of the image as a host.
- Debugging the software, is something like beta versions of programs that are run-in for errors.
- Replenishment of outgoing traffic deficit when calculating with other providers.
- Reduce the cost of traffic as its volume increases.
- Search for ideas and content for your projects.