Digital revolutionPreviously it was believed that while the photo was not printed, it seemed to be like and not. Now many people prefer to have photos in digital format and create digital photo albums. This revolution did not bypass the book.
There are 2 extremes:
- e-books will supplant all printed publications,
- e-books are much worse than print editions.
For example, leading newspapers put the latest information to the site. So it's easier to quickly publish it and bring it to readers. And in the printed version of the newspaper - more extensive analytical articles.
Of course, a regular book is much more convenient than electronic for ordinary home reading. You can sit back on the couch, relax and read.
Benefits of the electronic book.
- The ability to quickly find the place of interest - search.
- The ability to copy for quoting.
- Possibility to send instantly to any part of the world.
- Compactness, unlike ordinary books, especially noticeable when moving; Ex. Getting ready for the road, we thought which books to take with us, now you can take with you a whole library.
- Cheaper, many e-books are generally free.
- The cheapness of publication and distribution.
- Do not forget about the ecology, protect the trees.
- Independence from circulation, ex. Many good books have been published a long time ago and have not been republished any more, they can not be bought, the e-book can simply be copied.
Maxim Moshkov's library - www.lib.ru allows you to download free e-books.
World Digital LibraryThe World Digital Library is a project of the Library of Congress. The library will collect digitized versions of the most valuable materials on history and culture.In 2007, the project was joined by the Russian National Library. The participants of the international project are national book depositories and archives of various countries.The official opening of the project was on April 21, 2009.
National Electronic LibraryThe federal state information system that provides the creation of a unified Russian electronic knowledge space. The NEB unites the public libraries of Russia at the federal, regional, municipal levels, libraries of scientific and educational institutions, as well as copyright holders. There are both digitized books And a directory to find a specific printed book in the nearest library.
- books transferred to the public domain;
- Lessonbooks and scientific literature that have not been republished for the past 10 years;
- books, rights to which are obtained under contracts with rights holders;
- and others legally translated into digital form.
- Make available all the editions and scientific works of the collections of Russian libraries, both historical and modern;
- form a single electronic knowledge space;
- make available works of classical and contemporary fiction, children's literature in Russian and in the languages of the peoples of Russia.
Works of Russian classics and modern works.Works are carefully selected from reliable sources, primarily academic commentary publications. As far as possible careful alignment.Priority is given to the most sought-after texts, possibly to the detriment of apparent logic and consistency.It is planned to publish the complete works of Dostoevsky, Chekhov, Pushkin.