1. Information that we leave ourselves
What they know more than one, ceases to be a secret or release a genie from a bottleIf you uploaded your obscene photo on the Internet, it is there. Maybe no one has seen it, rather none of those who know you, have not seen or have not seen it yet.
It does not matter if you closed this photo only for yourself or openly placed it.
Again and again people complain that they can not delete their old account or photos. On some solid photohostings, when you delete photos, you just delete the link to them and they are not only in your account. And try to look at them directly, they are there! If you shared secret information with your friend - she's there.
A bit of cuisineYou go to a solid site. There everything is a famous name, solid, stylish design, exquisite functionality. You can upload your photo with almost no limits. I offer you a choice:
- Show to everyone
- Only friends (change friends list),
- just me.
- Disallow comments,
- only for friends,
- prohibit viewing the original and printing,
- prohibit browsing among fresh and better ones.
ServicesThere are special services that look for information on the people you ask. Now you can search for people from photos. While this is not a perfect search, but this is no longer a fantasy.
ConfidentialityThere was a service that sold information about citizens from various sources - the passport office, STSI. They closed it. The reason is the use of confidential information.
OutputDo you want to protect yourself? Think before you post information about yourself on the Internet.
If someone else posted information about you, it can not be used against you and you are protected by the privacy law. But if you put information about yourself, then you are to blame, nothing protects you.
2. FingerprintsLast spring, a medical student, Philippe Markoff, registered on the world's most popular private notice board craigslist.com. There he arranged a meeting with a masseuse, came to her hotel, tied it up, shot and robbed him. Markof spoke to the site under a pseudonym, used a special mail address for correspondence, did not make any phone calls, and sent a one-time phone to send SMS. Despite all this, it was very quickly computed and caught. "On Craigslist, you leave traces more than using a mobile phone. If you see your hidden records, everyone can see them. Very few people understand this, "says Mark Rush, an ex-head of the Computer Crime Department at the Ministry of Justice, in an interview with Vanity Fair USA.
- The name of the browser (includes the build number, OS version, language, installed toolbars, sometimes - other information);
- HTTP headers ACCEPT;
- Information about whether cookies are enabled;
- Screen resolution;
- Time Zone
- Browser plugins, their versions and MIME type
- System Fonts;
- Information about supercookies (various extended cookies similar to Flash cookies).
3. And who needs your data?1.5 million Facebook accounts were hacked and put up for sale in one of the Russian-language forums. For a thousand compromised accounts with ten or fewer friends, cybercriminals have requested $25. Accounts with more than ten friends were valued at $45 per thousand. But the question is: who needs them? Would you buy them? I will not give a broken penny. What difference does it make to what gender you are, when you were born, where you studied ... And the intelligence services have this information and without the Internet. As a result, after such abduction, the uselessness of this information became apparent. Because it's better to store passwords, access codes and money. Moreover, information in social networks can not be trusted, there may be mistakes, jokes ... For example, I'm not writing a real birthday, to receive congratulations on birthday, not spam.
Data and personalizationSet up tracking of your actions in your Google account.
Here you can set tracking parameters for your actions.
- in search,
- on Google Maps,
- on YouTube.
Data is not transferred to third parties, it is used to make it more convenient for you to use Internet services on a computer and on a smartphone, so that you have to make a minimum amount of body movements.
If you ever want your behavior not to be fixed, go to your browser in INCOGNITO mode.
But if you are nevertheless concerned that a certain ill-wisher learns something that you would not want.
This page allows you to limit the storage of the history of your visits on the Internet.
I knowThe site claims to know what you are downloading over the network.
We go, he determines from which IP we came in and then looks at what this IP downloaded.
But normally providers change your IP every day to random. For a separate IP you have to pay. So, as I expected, I wrote a large list of what I supposedly shook.
Most likely this is done to make some impression on the authors and somehow try to make money on them.
tel.: 1 800 888-09-24
address: USA, Redwood City, 1400A Seaport Blvd., Suite 401, CA 94063
Reputation 2.0Protection of reputation.
In fact, this site for $10 a month finds a lot of information about you on the network. He is looking not only in open sources, but also where registration is required. You will know about this, at least know, and maybe clean up something.
Why is this necessary?Increasingly, employers before taking a staff member to work, check it through Internet: Is there no nude photo, no Whether participated in any political movements, did not hooligan it? ...
If you once did nonsense, it's not so easy to cleanse yourself. This service helps in this.