Steep crib on a combination of colors
The right combination of colors is one of the important components of a perfect image and a stylish and holistic interior. That's why we decided to share a cheat sheet with which you definitely will not miss when choosing clothes or designing an apartment.
Scheme 1. Complementary combination
Complementary, or additional, contrast, are the colors that are located on opposite sides of the Itten color circle. Their combination looks very vivid and vigorous, especially with maximum color saturation.
Scheme #2. Triad - a combination of 3 colors
The combination of 3 colors, lying at the same distance from each other. Provides high contrast while maintaining harmony. Such a composition looks alive enough even when using pale and unsaturated colors.
Scheme #3. A similar combination
The combination of 2 to 5 colors, located next to each other on the color wheel (ideally - 2-3 colors). Impression: calm, disposable. Example combinations of similar muted colors: yellow-orange, yellow, yellow-green, green, blue-green.
Scheme No. 4. Separate-complementary combination
Option of a complementary combination of colors, but instead of the opposite color, the neighboring colors are used. The combination of the primary color and two additional colors. This scheme looks almost as contrasted, but not so tense. If you are not sure that you can use the complementary combinations correctly, use separate complimentary ones.
Scheme #5. A tetrad - a combination of 4 colors
Color scheme, where one color - the main one, two - complementary, and one highlights the accents. Example: blue-green, blue-violet, red-orange, yellow-orange.
Scheme #6. Square
The combination of 4 colors equidistant from each other. The colors here are dissimilar in tone, but also complimentary. Due to this, the image will be dynamic, playful and bright. Example: purple, red-orange, yellow, blue-green.
Combinations of individual colors
- White: combined with everything. The best combination with blue, red and black.
- Beige: with blue, brown, emerald, black, red, white.
- Gray: with fuchsia, red, purple, pink, blue.
- Pink: with brown, white, green mint, olive, gray, turquoise, soft blue.
- Fuchsia (dark pink): with gray, tan, lime, green mint, brown.
- Red: with yellow, white, brown, green, blue and black.
- Tomato-red: blue, green mint, sandy, creamy-white, gray.
- Cherry red: azure, gray, light orange, sandy, pale yellow, beige.
- Raspberry red: white, black, damask rose color
- Brown: bright blue, cream, pink, fawn, green, beige.
- Light brown: pale yellow, cream white, blue, green, purple, red.
- Dark brown: lemon yellow, blue, green mint, purplish pink, lime.
- Tan: pink, dark brown, blue, green, purple.
- Orange: blue, blue, purple, purple, white, black.
- Light orange: gray, brown, olive.
- Dark orange: pale yellow, olive, brown, cherry.
- Yellow: blue, purple, light blue, purple, gray, black.
- Lemon yellow: cherry red, brown, blue, gray.
- Pale yellow: fuchsia, gray, brown, red, tan, blue, magenta.
- Golden yellow: gray, brown, azure, red, black.
- Olive: orange, light brown, brown.
- Green: golden brown, orange, salad, yellow, brown, gray, cream, black, creamy white.
- Light green color: brown, tan, pale, gray, dark blue, red, gray.
- Turquoise: fuchsia, cherry red, yellow, brown, cream, dark purple.
- The electrician is beautiful in combination with golden yellow, brown, light brown, gray or silver.
- Blue: red, gray, brown, orange, pink, white, yellow.
- Dark blue: light purple, blue, yellowish green, brown, gray, pale yellow, orange, green, red, white.
- Purple: orange, pink, dark purple, olive, gray, yellow, white.
- Dark purple: golden brown, pale yellow, gray, turquoise, green mint, light orange.
- Black is universal, elegant, looks in all combinations, best with orange, pink, salad, white, red, lilac or yellow.