How to use social media in elections?
Expert on social networks Laboratory Sarafannoye Radio published one of the examples of the use of social networks in elections. How to reach the maximum loyalty factor of an Internet audience to a candidate during a political campaign? What can be done to achieve the unity of the candidate's political position with the political position of the Internet audience?
These questions are answered by one of the presented small concepts of achieving leadership among candidates in communications with the Internet audience and influence in social networks, the press center SarafannoeRadio.
A practical example of using Web 2.0 in a policy
1. Increase the brand recognition of the candidate.
2. Magnify the loyalty factor of the Internet audience to the candidate.
3. Make the candidate's political position a close Internet audience.
4. Form the atmosphere of trust of the target audience and the Internet community as a whole.
5. Form a full-fledged brand of the leader among the candidates.
Duration: 2 month.
Venues: Social networks Odnoclassniki.Ru, VK.Ru, Twitter.com.
- Determine the level of competition in a virtual environment, study the history and period of activity of competitors, the level and quality of activities, assess the overall influence of competitors in social networks.
- Application of new technologies, best practices and innovative developments.
- Use of automation tools and specialized programs.
- The production of new thoughts and ideas and the regular exchange of information between all the staff of the headquarters working with the election campaign on the Internet, round tables, brainstorming sessions, discussions in key areas, and prompt decision-making on the issues discussed.
2. Odnoclassniki and VK.
- Creating dynamic groups of communication on Classmates and in contact.
- Bringing 500,000 participants to the target audience
- Deriving an individual group development algorithm.
- Developing the optimal frequency of placement of "partisan" pr-publications about the candidate.
- Arranging the information exchange system with the official candidate website and blogs
- Transformation of articles and news of the company into the format of the network community, placing the necessary amount of material in active topics, preparing a user-friendly information in an understandable and attractive way
- Selection of capable, responsible and reliable moderators
- Leveling negative feedback and opinions, neutralizing and limiting unnecessary information and rumors
- Creation of an information environment that is interesting to a wide range of participants
- Attraction of all the participants of the pre-election company with Internet connection to the group from the candidate's regional headquarters
- Attracting famous people to increase the authority of the group
- Agreement with the administration of social networks about the branding of pages.
- The organization of press secretaries that will support the pages of famous people, if they do not want to do it themselves
- Creation of the official candidate page in these social networks and organization of its interaction with the audience of the social network.
- Running an official microblogging of a candidate on Twitter (or optimizing an existing one).
- Building a news exchange system with an official website and blogs
- Increase the number of microblogging followers to 20,000.
- Select the following-followers.
- Confirm the reliability of the microblog and its strengthening through the main site.
- Daily microblogging from the first person, according to the very nature of Twitter. The use of not slogans, but answers to the question: "What am I doing now?"
- Elaboration of the optimal frequency of tweets, with the regular following to it.
- Organization of the press service to support followers and replays
- Placement of references to the candidate's Twitter microblogging on all available marketing tools of the election campaign
- Attraction to Twitter of all the participants of the pre-election company with Internet connection from the regional headquarters of the candidate, to support each other and exchange information quickly.
- Evaluation of the results of the work of the 1st month, and of the commitments undertaken.
- Support and reinforce employee motivation.
- Maintaining feedback from the audience and timely response to changes.
2. Odnoclassniki and VK.
- Bringing up the number of group members to 1,000,000.
- Grow large forums and topics of communication
- Update important topics in the group and track popular topics and trends.
- Support for active participants
- Maintaining communication, coordinating discussions, working with the community's moods and relationships, encouraging participants to share their impressions.
- Creating an unusual quality communication that is part of leisure and entertainment that meets the expectations of people
- Control Controversial issues and contentious topics and maintaining order, limiting unnecessary information and protecting against spam.
- Creating a positive information wave and a chain of opinions.
- Entering the official page of the candidate in the prepared group.
- Conducting conferences with the candidate timed to the holidays in real time, in the peak hour, with congratulations of the band members on holidays.
- Increase the number of microblogging followers to 50,000.
- The production of bold spiritual messages, which are a tool of a viral arson strategy and capable of triggering a response from the masses
- Releases of important news during rush hours, provoking retweets and replays
- Tracking trends and reactions of subscribers
- Interaction with the audience, dialogue and building an atmosphere of trust
- Creative communication with subscribers
Planned practical result by the end of the 2nd month:
- The maximum loyalty rate of an online audience to a candidate.
- Unity of the candidate's political position with the political position of the Internet audience
- Achieve leadership among candidates in communications with the Internet audience and influence in social networks.